Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Pest control.


Me and Dad really hate rabbits and other pests because they poo,wee, eat our grass, meal and spread diseases.  

One night me and Dad went hunting.  We were out looking for rabbits and possums.  It was a dark spooky windy night. We drove the ute around the farm and used a spotlight to look for the rabbits and possums.  We didn't  manage to find any possums, but we found rabbits.  

Dad shot Roger and his mate!  We had to be very quiet so we didn't frighten them away.  They were very heavy and I had such a great time, I can't wait to go again.  

We gave the rabbits to our dog butch.

6 comments:

  1. Wow Sophie, they look like huge rabbits. I'm sure Butch enjoyed munching on Roger and his mate.
    Thank you for sharing your farm life with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is so cool.
    I love pest hunting too.
    And what kind of pests do you like hunting the most.
    Please come visit me at my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. When i'm older i'm going hunting for wild deers,pigs and goats with Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! My name is Leah, I am from Mrs.Kriese's class in Texas. I have never hunted rabbits before. I usually hunt deer at my ranch, but instead of giving the meat to my dog (Head) we eat the deer, and give the scraps to Head. Head actually came from Australia which is pretty close to where you are! What kind of animals do you have at your house? Come visit my blog at http://edublogs.eanesisd.net/leah8462022/.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sophie. Looks like you have been on lots of adventures these holidays! You are very brave. Great to see you helping dad out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sophie i'm from pt England school my name is Julianna it looks like you had a fun day. keep it up

    ReplyDelete