Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Introducing Blue Cow

This time my post is about Blue Cow.  She is my mums favourite cow so I decided to ask her questions about the cow

Why is she a blue cow?  "We call her a Blue Cow as she has black and white hair that mix together and give it a blue look rather than blocks of black or white in colour."

What breed is she?  "She is mostly a Friesian but is also a mix of Aryshire and Shorthorn"  

How old is she? "She is 4 years old"

Why is she your favourite cow?  "Blue cow is my favourite as I tried for 4 years to get a blue calf and this was the last year of trying, we also got a bull blue calf that year but we didn't keep him.  And also because not alot of people have blue cows."

What is her cow number "Her cow number is 216"

Has she started milking yet? "Yes, she calved last night and she had a bull."  

Does she kick when you milk her?  "No, she is lovely to milk.  Im really happy to see her come into  the shed"

Is there any more questions that you would like me to ask my Mum about Blue Cow?


3 comments:

  1. Hello Sophie. We've recently started looking at your school blog and when I saw your title "Introducing Blue Cow" I was instantly tempted to click on your blog. I imagined it might be some crazy art project you were embarking on and I visualised your class either painting real cows out in a paddock, or you drawing blue cows in class. It also made me think about how some elderly women put a 'blue' rinse in their white hair.

    I teach in a small rural school in North Otago and there are more and more cows as many of the sheep farms have converted to dairying. I will ask my class tomorrow whether any of them know what a 'blue' cow is.

    Three of the children enjoy showing their calves at the local A&P Shows so I think they will be interested in following your blog. I love the way you have set out your post with questions and answers.

    Mrs Smith from http://duntroonroom4.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie
    Great idea with the interview and also a wonderful achievement in getting to 1000 page views for your blog already, this is a really fantastic achievement and a great acknowledgement of your fantastic work.
    Mr Webb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sophie. This is the first time I've read your blog and I was really impressed with the quality of your writing and great interview skills. Jose (Reader)

    ReplyDelete