Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Welcome to my very first blog post.


My name is Sophie and I am 9 years old.  I have one brother and two sisters and a Mum and Dad.  I like to swim, run and do lots of other sports.  But most of all I like to farm.


I live on a dairy farm in Taranaki, we milk 265 cows.  We have different breeds of cows they are mostly friesians, some aryshires, a few jerseys and a few shorthorns.  We also have a blue cow which is half friesian and half shorthorn.  I will share a photo of her in another post.

I am really into farming.  To get ready to go onto the farm I put on overalls over my clothes to keep them clean.  I wear purple leggings and my red jacket to keep me clean and dry.  I put on my size 4 gumboots and a beanie.

In my posts to come I will be sharing about milkings, school calves, how we collect the cows and calves, about feeding the cows and our different looking cows and calves.



7 comments:

  1. Sophie
    That's a great topic and idea to share about writing. You could also take a collection of photographs and video and we could publish them on your blog so that you writing could be supported by using other media. We have some students who can show you that.
    Mr Webb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very exciting Sophie. I can't wait to see what adventures you get up too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Sophie. I look forward to reading about your adventures on the farm. Maybe you could come and help me one day.

    All the best
    Uncle Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work, Sophie. I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of your blue cow - I haven't seen many of them around up here in Northland....
    Mr Buckland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora Sophie. You are so lucky to live on a dairy farm, I lived on one at Cardiff when I was your age and I loved doing the calf feeding. When they sucked my fingers as I taught them how to drink the first time was magic. I still like calves sucking my hand!
    Wendy from Pukemiro School

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gareth & Joanne Robinson Northern Ireland

    Looking forward to reading more about your adventures on the farm - perhaps you can give Neil and Jess a few tips 😄

    ReplyDelete